[Magdalen] coffee

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 17:55:15 UTC 2015

I don't drink coffee usually, but when I make coffee for guests
I use a french press coffee pot. And it makes excellent
coffee. I'm even likely to have some.

Takes very little space to store, cleans up in the dishwasher,
parts are easily replaceable (when, inevitably, the carafe
cracks).

The downside? It uses coarse-ground coffee. I buy the beans
at Whole Foods (the bins are free of quakers, unlike bagged
sealed beans) and grind them there.

A friend gave me an espresso machine once, and it took up
half the kitchen. It also stank. I mean billows of stinky coffee
steam, coating the walls and my eyeglasses and hair. It was
one of the only gifts I ever returned.
-M