[Magdalen] Fwd: [fasola-discussions] Irish Radio Documentary on Sacred Harp and the Sacred Harp Singers of Cork

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 01:44:00 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 6:54 PM, Jon Egger <revegger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, she'll like them, Dan.  One of her MFA level classes was on Shape
> Note.  She'll also love the url as her nee was Malone.
>
> One of the movers/shakers in the 4-shape world is Tom Malone - lives in
the NE US.

I fell in love with it in 1966 or so. But hearing that first vinyl (mono,
of course) was nothing like when the Army decided to station me in Georgia
and I heard it live.

The Cork singers have more energy than I have seen anywhere else.

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
 <http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted