[Magdalen] Epiphany

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 16:44:31 UTC 2015

The Lutherans of New Market, VA will celebrate Epiphany next Sunday. I'm
finding this church kind of like a snakebelly-ish Episcopal church, maybe a
tad higher than that....we *did* have a Gospel procession on Christmas Eve,
which surprised the heck out of me.

I read for the first time yesterday and was given kudos by the pastor and
many in the congregation. Didn't do anything different from what I have
always done so I just told them I was trained by the Episcopalians ;-> The
second reading was pretty awful, though, one of Paul's run-ons that was
obviously dictated. I always picture his poor beleaguered secretary saying,
"Hold it there, Paul, you're going too fast! I didn't get all that! Let me
catch up!"