[Magdalen] Epiphany

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Jan 5 17:21:55 UTC 2015

I've always found it a bit odd that we do not name our parish
churches more frequently after the Three Kings.

OTOH, it has always sounded a bit better in German:   Dreikonigskirche.

Such was the dedication of the Evangelische parish in the  Sachsenhausen
section (across the Main) of Frankfurt/M, Germany.  This is where  the
famous blind organist, Helmut Walcha, played Lutheran Vespers every
Saturday night.

_http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreik%C3%B6nigskirche_(Frankfurt_am_Main_
(http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreikönigskirche_(Frankfurt_am_Main) )

Then there is the Shrine of the Three Magi by Nicholas of Verdun  located
just behind the high altar of Cologne Cathedral:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrine_of_the_Three_Kings

David Strang.