[Magdalen] Listgive: Still wondering.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 5 18:21:30 UTC 2015

On 02/01/2015 03:31, Joseph Cirou wrote:
> And remember it is not even Old Christmas yet!
>
> I expect my listgiv will be out with his oxen  on Plow Monday when it
> arrives.

I am happy to say it did not wait that long (Plough Monday is next week)
but reached Bedford on either the 12th Day of Christmas or the Eve of
the Theophany depending on which calendar you are keeping. It is a
two-part gift of a wooden egg Icon of the Virgin and Child together with
a Christmas Rose Scented Candle.  The icon egg with its vibrant colours
is now sitting on its little stand on my computer desk.

Both items come from Monastery Icons of Cincinnati OH. Their mission
statement, or whatever you care to call it, is "Windows into Heaven",
which I trust they will be fore me, and it is good to see Christian art
being promoted in this way.

Thank you, Joe

Roger