[Magdalen] sweet potato/jalapeño soup report

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 01:52:31 UTC 2015

yes:

2 sweet potatoes peeled and diced (I did 1")
1 jalapeño seeds and fibers from inside removed, diced
1 onion, diced
bay leaf

Sauté onion in olive oil (salting slightly) in a pan large enough to hold
all ingredients

(I added jalapeño when onions were almost ready for the next step)

to onion pepper mixture add :

1 pint water and 1 pint chicken broth (I used bullion cubes and water)

diced sweet potatoes

1 bay leaf.

Bring to boil and then simmer until potatoes are cooked (less than 20
minutes).

REMOVE BAY LEAF

then using an immersion blender, or putting soup in to blender - blend until
smooth.

Margaret suggested adding a bit of sherry vinegar - I didn't have any so did
not (I did consider adding a bit of Sherry, however, but did not)

Very nice and very quick!  today's leftovers were nicely aged and a bit more
full bodied.

Lynn

My email  is changing soon to: houstonKLR at gmail.com

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com