[Magdalen] Sauerkraut.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue Jan 6 22:53:10 UTC 2015

From: Cantor03--- via Magdalen

>Avenue.  I thought they were mostly Presbyterians.

Some of the Independent Korean churches are Presbyterian. But like the
"Methodists" I mentioned, there's no connection with Presbyterians most of us
are familiar with, like the United Presbyterians.

It is not typical that the namesakes of the Korean (or many other ethnic
Protestant churches) to find any kind of a welcome in their namesake
institutional churches.

As you know from our own neighborhood David, our RC friends (despite the
preponderance of Irish and Italian Bishops) were always open to new ethnic
congregations, based on the huge variation in RC worship from nation to nation
in Eastern Europe.

The most notable exception to that success were the Poles, who said "Enough" of
the Irish and Italian Bishops and broke away to create the Polish National
Catholic Church, right here in Scranton. Of course, they quickly expanded to
Buffalo when thousands of members here in Scranton moved with Lackawanna Steel.

>Despite being offered kimchi frequently, one taste was enough for  me.

I couldn’t get near with the smell.

Cheers,
Jim