[Magdalen] How cold is cold?

Juli Tarsney juli at tarsney.net
Wed Jan 7 23:22:10 UTC 2015

It's -2°F right now - tomorrow warming way up to 13°F - above - but
before that we will have another COLD night:

...Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 6 am CST Thursday...

A Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 6 am CST Thursday.

For the Wind Chill Advisory...

* wind chill values: around 20 to 30 degrees below zero.

* Timing: conditions continuing through tonight.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds will
combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in frostbite and
lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture
outdoors...make sure you wear a hat and gloves.

I've been outside, needless to say. Many Minnesota schools were closed
today owing to the cold, including in Minneapolis.