[Magdalen] Church layouts, was Re: Religion Without God

Jon Egger revegger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 23:28:18 UTC 2015

When our PiC, Russ Johnson, came on board (We'd known each other for
10-plus years--and he's a Minnesotan, too!) I took him to the stairway up
to the library and archives.  The walls are full of dead bishops and dead
rectors.  On the way up, I said "Look at all these wonderful healthy
looking rectors, Russ..." and pointed at each one, "Died as rector....died
as rector....died as rector...went home to Texas...resigned from his
orders..."  Then a pause. "This place may kill you, Russ, but welcome
aboard and let me check your pulse."

He, with his central Minnesota quiet Swedish demeanor, looked at me in
abject, Lovecraftian horror.  Me, being from da rench, roared with laughter.

+++
Grace & peace,
jon