[Magdalen] Epiphany

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 19:30:23 UTC 2015

My Israeli friend Yitzhak, who is a cultural rather than a religious Jew,
and something of an amateur scholar of the Second Temple period, always
says that Jesus was a rabbi of the school of Hillel, while Paul (who he
frequently refers to as "that old sourpuss") has to have been of the school
of Shammai. You kind of have to know a little Talmud to get that--however,
I refer him to Romans 8 when he goes off on that ;->