[Magdalen] Called insurance; was Travel prayers again, and a Happy.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 8 22:34:17 UTC 2015

Maybe it's just State Farm, but to qualify for car rental coverage, the event has to fall under either:

-Collision (which this wasn't); or
-Comprehensive (fire, theft, vandalism, falling object; none of which this was).

But I still pressed with the idea, sure, I was technically negligent (my car was not quite yet at the RECOMMENDED 90,000 miles for timing belt replacement), but still, who wouldn't call an engine failure at 65 mph on a freeway at 7,000 ft with just enough light left in the afternoon to make me not regret I didn't have a flashlight in the car and a wait of 1.5 hours for a tow truck that had to make a special trip an hour hence to drop us off in another city ... NOT at least in SOME sense, an "accident"?  Seems I'm not the first to ask said question.

I've got longevity with State Farm, so I'm not switching.  But clearly there might be something out there with at least slightly better coverage.