[Magdalen] Unexpected Appreciation.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jan 9 03:45:45 UTC 2015

I received today a Christmas card signed by the choirmaster of
the Latin Tridentine Rite (Extraordinary Form RC Rite) and multiple
others from that choir with which I sang for about 20 years.

Besides the holiday greeting and well wishing for health this year,
there was a lengthy note about how much I am missed (I've been  retired
from that choir for five years) and that I could "never really be
replaced."

I am alleged to be the subject of choir legends as the "elderly"  :-(
man with the "smooth and wonderfully rich bass/baritone voice" and
who kept rehearsals interesting with "interesting tidbits of  information
about the chant and polyphony", and how I had been an "inspiration"
to the younger members of the choir, etc.  Even the congregation
has wondered "what happened to that man with the voice".

My object in mentioning this is not to pat myself on the back, but
rather to illustrate how showing appreciation for any activities,
especially
those connected to the church, can make a very large impact.   I've
been on cloud 9 since I opened the card this afternoon.

We need more of this in the church, and here it is from a group
from which I least expected it.

David Strang.