[Magdalen] How cold is cold?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jan 9 16:04:42 UTC 2015

In a message dated 1/9/2015 10:58:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

It was  24 when I went to bed after midnight last night. It was 38 when I
got up  this morning. As we used to say sarcastically back in Madison,
"Freakin'  tropical out!" I may be a child of cold winters, but that doesn't
mean I  have to like them! Oh well, at least they're relatively short
here.>>>

I grew up in a village in Wisconsin 80 miles from the shores of
Lake Superior.  To us, Madison WAS tropical, being as it is in a
warmer USDA Climate Zone (4) than our (3).  Wisconsin is
long from north to south.  We were 325 miles NW of tropical  Madison.

David Strang...where there was 2" snow overnight, and the current
temperature is 15 F.