[Magdalen] Bishop Cook

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 18:29:22 UTC 2015

One of our neighbors committed suicide a few years ago.
In a dramatic gesture (which made the six-o'clock news).

We had discussed bringing his heavy drinking to the attention of
the bishop, but had not done so, partly out of laziness, partly
because I didn't think the bishop would welcome this info,
partly because we thought some of his fellow clergy might be
on the case already. I still don't know if we were right to let it
slide. He caused the church alot (a bunch of money and
some prestige). God, alcoholism is a bear and a half.
-M, anticipating jokes about drinking Episcopalians yuk-yuk-
yuk right soon enough