[Magdalen] Called insurance; was Travel prayers again, and a Happy.

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 00:05:51 UTC 2015

40 years with State Farm until last year... a few hiccups in recent years
caused me to find a new insurer.

When I was still married and our son was 17 he was ticked for underage
smoking and had his license taken away (this was 17 years ago). Our agent
would not let us take him off the policy for that year and I later found out
that there were things we could have done to have him removed.... made us
very angry as it cost over $1,000. to carry him while he was not driving.
Then when he went into the military we insisted that he be removed and it
took being pushy with the agent to finally remove him.

Since my divorce, I've had several incidents where 'mistakes were made' by
my agent's secretary/bookkeeper and I was given incorrect info, paid my bill
and then months later billed extra. This happened three times and then last
year when my rates went UP (have not had an accident in my name in 38 years,
have never claimed in my name on my condo where I've lived for almost 7
years) I decided to shop around in earnest. I do know that I should have
just found a better agent but I made other decisions.  The third time the
'extra' charge thing happened I went to the office and complained, again, to
the woman at the desk...she said there was nothing they could do, it was a
glitch in the system that caused the lesser amount to show up. I suggested
that they could 'eat' the additional cost because my bill was
misrepresented. The Agent/owner came out and said he could not afford to do
that. I replied that it sounded like good customer service/relations to
me.... then I found a new company by the time of my next renewal.

Lynn

My email  is changing soon to: houstonKLR at gmail.com

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck