[Magdalen] US Higher Education

Capers Limehouse capers.limehouse at comcast.net
Sun Jan 11 19:38:20 UTC 2015

Every college and grad course I've taken has included class participation as a significant part of the grade, including the online courses I'm taking at CDSP. Earlier grad courses were mostly seminars. One's lack of participation would have been noted and pointed out in class. I went to a relatively small women's liberal arts college, and not a large university for undergrad. That may have been part of the difference. CDSP is also small. But, the rest of my grad school work was at a state university where, as I said, classes tended to be seminars. I know large lecture classes are normal at other schools, but not my experience.
Capers, who has retired from the hospital
and may be less silent now

Sent from my iPad