[Magdalen] Quebec City.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 11 20:15:02 UTC 2015

On 11/01/2015 19:16, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> growing up in the Detroit suburbs in the 50s-60s, it was not uncommon
> to encounter Canadian coins which were treated like American ones,
> during that time.

I recall when UK and Irish coins were the same shape and weight, as I
believe is true for US and Canadian coins.  I recall that quarters of
either coinage were equally acceptable at the Rainbow Bridge to be able
to pass from Canada to the USA.  The difference between them is that one
set is magnetic and the other not but I do not know if all slot machines
recognize that.  Differences in value can be played to advantage.

Roger