[Magdalen] US Higher Education

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 13:32:15 UTC 2015

One more comment and then I'll stop, I promise.

Much is written about people finishing college with heavy debt,
unlikely ever to pay off their loans easily. Our Senator Warren
speaks about this often. It seems to me like a modern example
of indentured servitude.

I will note that the problems colonial employers faced with their
indentured workers (short time period of five to ten years, expense
and unreliability) was solved by the newer and more economical
institution of slavery.
-M, who knows that something like half of the original colonists
came to America from England indentured