[Magdalen] Need chairs for nave!

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sat Jan 17 13:53:18 UTC 2015

With some (but not too much - an afternoon's work by a group) effort,
little felt pads could be applied to the bottoms of the chairs so they
don't screech.  Self-adhesive felt, pre-cut, for this very purpose, is
readily available.  I agree about the clips, though our chapel chairs in
Tennessee were held together with little racks for prayer books and
hymnals.  Of course, if someone sat a little crooked and sat on one of the
racks, they broke fairly easily (but were also repaired by parishioners
fairly easily).

In an old, old parish where I grew up, when they replaced the pews, a
wood-crafter made crosses and other items from the wood that were sold to
partly defray the cost of the new seating.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu