[Magdalen] Please pray for Ascension, Chicago

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Jan 17 15:01:54 UTC 2015

From: Cantor03--- via Magdalen

>The idea that someone would come in and screw around with a
>legendary worship tradition is very upsetting to me.

Are you saying that the Search Committee that called the new Rector was
incompetent?

I have to think that the conduct of the parish discernment process and the
interviews and discussions of the search resulted in any surprises here is
troubling.

Lynn remarked:
>And of course there's probably more going on here than meets the eye or ear

I'm sure we all know of parishes who put out a profile which is a pack of lies,
because they **think** that's what they're supposed to write and maybe what they
think the bishop wants to hear, and in many cases the new Rector takes them up
on it before he/she realizes the profile was mendacious.

I'm certain that there are some at Ascension who are shocked that the new Rector
is actually following through on the profile that Scott  wrote of that called
for more community involvement and outreach. Parishes always have people who
talk a good game but really object to admitting new members to the "club."

My question for Ascension would be: Would the new Rector entertain the
[heretical for some members, I'm sure!] of say, a woman as vacation supply?

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie

Cheers,
Jim