[Magdalen] Please pray for Ascension, Chicago

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 23:34:08 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Marion Thompson
<marionwhitevale at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I recall from Scott's post, the rector has been there nearly a year.
> Hardly just arrived.

True. Almost a year now.

I'm coming to grips with the changes, even though I hate the way
they're done; too much like a corporate layoff, and that stinks.

One of the main lessons to learn from this is not to hire a longtime
parishioner as the full-time parish administrator, even though he's
done a stellar job in many ways. Makes it too hard to make a change.

Church could be weird tomorrow; I suppose I'll be subdeacon because
one of the five of us is recovering from surgery, another just left
the parish, the third will leave when he hears the news if he hasn't
already. So that leaves two of us: our first female subdeacon who
started serving last week (yay!), and me.

I wonder whether we'll have a musicless, or a cappella, Lent this
year. But perhaps there are plans I don't know about yet.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA