[Magdalen] Please pray for Ascension, Chicago

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jan 18 13:27:26 UTC 2015

In a message dated 1/18/2015 8:10:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

Amen  also.

I think that giving employees a year to get on board (or to  assess the
likelihood of their *ever* getting on board) is  generous.
-M  >>>>>

Ascension is NOT your average ECUSA parish.  The employees
in particular concerned with the incomparable music program will be
difficult to replace, and with the hard feelings generated by what  seems
to be an abrupt closure, I wonder how well and how quickly, even in a
large city like Chicago they will be replaced.

But Scott K has stated that the musical tradition at Ascension is  secure,
and I trust that he is correct.  That leaves the parish to wrestle  with the
aftermath of a potentially very divisive event.

I pray that Ascension can get through it and resume its place
for the best that the Anglocatholic Tradition has to
offer.

David Strang.