[Magdalen] Please pray for Ascension, Chicago

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 19:42:42 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 1:05 PM, L Ronkainen <houstonklr at gmail.com> wrote:
> good news all around Scott!

I'm getting voice mails from a parishioner who regularly corners me at
coffee hour (which is why I often don't go in there) to gossip at me
ad nauseam about this or that. Occasionally a kind soul will come over
and call me away for a fake reason to get me out of the gossip zone.
Anyway, he apparently wants to gossip at me over the phone about "what
Cobb just pulled," and I refuse to participate. I'm on vacation,
too...another reason to stay out of the fray.

I chatted only with a vestry member and his partner before Mass, and
they're really of the same mind with me: this is a hard but
understandable action on the rector's part. And they agreed heartily
that times like this are why you don't hire parishioners to be
employees too. The vestry will meet this coming Wednesday, and then
there's the annual parish meeting next Sunday. The annual meeting is
where it's most likely someone would get up and complain, and they
have the right to. But better to meet with the rector to discuss it,
really.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA