[Magdalen] Please pray for Ascension, Chicago

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 04:07:21 UTC 2015

Our parish restructuring has turned into a game of Telephone in some
quarters. An organist friend wrote to me to say he went to the
Association of Anglican Musicians regional Evensong at our cathedral
tonight and that he heard at the reception that our organist and
choirmaster had been fired by our "homophobic" rector. There's no one
less homophobic than our rector, and there isn't an ounce of
homophobia involved. I'm planning to spend this week giving the fray
about this event a gigantic miss, other than to call people on their
wrong information when I encounter it, which I've done twice tonight.
Sheesh. Be angry about something, but don't be a schoolkid about it
(my apologies to schoolkids)!
--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA