[Magdalen] State of the parish

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 05:23:26 UTC 2015

One of our fonts....don't know if it's the big main one in the narthex or a smaller one used as a holy water stoup....was rescued from the burning original church in the Great Fire. I think a chalice was saved, too. One story credits nuns for this, but the Sisters of St. Anne didn't arrive until 1922. The Great Fire was 1871' I think.

Scott, thinking of the parish council meeting in Dibley that turns into an argument over which was worse...the Great Storm, the Great Fire, the Great Snow, the Great Wind...

Sent from my iPad