[Magdalen] Diocese of Virginia 2015 Council Meeting

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 00:14:49 UTC 2015

From: "James Handsfield" <jhandsfield at icloud.com>
> Merriam Webster has the pleural of diocese as dioceses.

I've never looked up the pronunciation but think that the word, written and
being read out loud often takes people by surprise because it 'looks' odd
(because it is NOT diocese) and then in that fraction of a second when they
have to read it aloud they add an extra syllable.  Just my thought having
seen this in action and heard those results. To get that extra syllable, one
would have to forget that the *ese* belongs to the original word.

.02ingly
Lynn

My email has changed to: houstonKLR at gmail.com

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com