[Magdalen] Saudi Arabia - prayers for implications

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Jan 23 11:37:43 UTC 2015

What's interesting is that the Saudis punish women as terrorists if they drive a
car, sentence a blogger to 1000 lashes and a long prison term, prohibit any
religion or even Muslim sect other than their own, behead people for various
crimes, including blasphemy and other enemies of the state and finance Madrassas
all over the Muslim World to teach this as the true faith (including 15 of those
who carried out the 9/11 attacks who learned what their religion demands of true
believers in Saudi Arabia)

But they're "our Muslim friends" as opposed to ISIS which does much the same
things, who are not our friends.

This is not a benign group of royals any which was you look at them. But it does
demonstrate an absolute bankruptcy of any pretensions in the West of any notion
that we support human rights around the globe. We only support human rights when
convenient.

Jim Guthrie