[Magdalen] Please pray for Ascension, Chicago - annual mtg tomorrow

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 21:45:52 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Joseph Cirou <romanos at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Any hints on how  the affected musicians have taken these turns of events?

I believe they had to sign agreements not to criticize or whatever. So
they're being quiet, at least in social media. Their significant
others are very upset on their behalf.

I'm considering whether I should speak up in support of: (1) a request
for reconsideration of the timing of the music-program changes (keep
the organist and choirmaster through Corpus Christi/2 Pentecost, the
end of choir season); and (2) a special forum with more time to
discuss all angles of these decisions. I think there's a lot of
bunker-building right now that needs to give way to open discussion at
a lower temperature.

What I'm hoping we don't have: (1) shouting and name-calling; (2) a
rector avoiding coffee hour and hiding in the sacristy. Not that I
expect either of these; I just hope they don't happen.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA