[Magdalen] ALL YOU NEasterners...

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue Jan 27 01:08:00 UTC 2015

>keep warm and safe as this storm of storms bears down on the East coast!

Email from StMtV NYC:

Winter Storm, January 26-27, 2015

Monday, January 26
Because of the predicted snowstorm and the possibility that travel will become
difficult in the city and throughout the metropolitan area, we will
close the church today at 4:00 PM.

Evening Prayer will not be said in the church and
the Evening Mass has been cancelled.

Tuesday, January 27
Based on the information available to us at the present time, we believe that
the church will also be closed on Tuesday. We will send out an additional notice
about that as soon as a final decision has been made.

Making Preparations
The Diocese of New York has reminded us that
New Yorkers should be prepared to be self-sufficient during the next 24-72 hours
in case the storm results in store closings or difficult travel. This means,
among other things, having sufficient food, water, cash,
and medications on hand, if possible.

We are also asked to remember the elderly and the homebound. If the storm is
severe or if there are problems with power during this time, we are encouraged
to check on our neighbors to find out if they need assistance.

Please be safe and use discretion about travelling during this time.

  THE CHURCH OF SAINT MARY THE VIRGIN
145 West Forty-sixth Street
New York, NY 10036
Phone: 212.869.5830