[Magdalen] Eliminating sugar?

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Tue Jan 27 18:21:13 UTC 2015

Grace, I was mistaken when I said NO grains.  I do have one serving of
grain at breakfast (but no flour, no sugar), and when I reach my weight
goal, I will be able to add another serving of grain OR a potato at lunch.
I assume as I work my maintenance program, there may be yet another serving
of grain or potato at dinner, if my weight will tolerate it (but I don't
know all the details of the maintenance program yet).  So grain is ok (as
cereal in the morning, then also at lunch) - just not flour of any kind.  I
eat dairy, can have cheese, eggs, and meat 2 meals per day.  I also can
have beans, which are a source of protein.  Two servings of fruit, 2 big
salads per day, one other serving of vegetable.  It's a well-balanced
program, and most doctors who review it rave about it.  It is part of a
12-step program, though, so it includes lots and lots of support from
others.  I doubt I'd be able to maintain it on my own, and wouldn't want to.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu