[Magdalen] Eliminating sugar?

James Handsfield jhandsfield at att.net
Wed Jan 28 02:56:13 UTC 2015

The trick with cucumbers is to process them about an hour before you want to cook them.  Put them in a colander and add about 1 tsp salt per cucumber, and let sit over a bowl.  Quite a bit of water will come out of them, and the result is a bit paradoxical - they will become a bit wilted and they will be crunchier.  I make a cucumber salad by slicing the salting the cukes and then mix with a little sour cream.  Yogurt or crème fraiche would be good as well.

“The worst form of corruption is acceptance of corruption.”  Herblock

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net