[Magdalen] Bishop, please resign

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 28 22:49:08 UTC 2015

The Standing Committee of the Diocese of Maryland has asked Bishop
Heather Cook to resign.
http://www.episcopalcafe.com/bishop-heather-cook-resignation/

Given the criminal charges she is facing and what has emerged about the
road traffic incident she was involved in I tend to agree with the
Standing Committee that she can no longer minister effectively as a
bishop in that diocese.   If were advising her I would seek some
agreement (with compensation for loss of salary and benefits) rather
than a simple resignation or waiting for the Title IV process to play
out.  I think that would be in the interests of all concerned, including
Bishop Cook.

Roger