[Magdalen] Bishop, please resign

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 16:56:12 UTC 2015

In a message dated 1/29/2015 11:40:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

Medicare  for everybody!>>>

I agree, but presently only for the 62-65 year olds.

I am covered for life by Federal Employee Blue Cross/Blue Shield  Insurance,
which I pay for, but at a reasonable group rate, month by month.

When I turned 65 twelve years ago, I became covered by Medicare, as  well,
but I was advised only to take Part A which is hospital and some private
nursing
care coverage.  About six months ago I thought I might as well get  double
coverage with Part B Medicare.  The person at Medicare with whom I  spoke
said it was, I think, an extra $104 per month.  She neglected to  add that
rate was only for poverty level persons, and there was an added charge  for
those with higher incomes.

In the end, this was going to be a charge for Medicare Parts A & B of  $500
per month for what was essentially double coverage.  This was  obviously
not doable.

It took me a couple of months to get it all canceled, and I was out the
$500.
I should have listened to the advice to take Part A only.

David Strang - Older and wiser.