[Magdalen] Search process (was Re: Bishop, please resign)

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 30 00:25:55 UTC 2015

On 29/01/2015 18:45, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> I would think that the diocese priority might be to revisit their
> broken search process and at least leave this woman with health
> insurance if she is under 65, looking on that provision as a kindness.

I understand that the Search and Nominating Committees were aware of the
earlier DUI conviction but, since the conviction was "spent" were not
allowed to use this as the basis for excluding her from consideration.
Likewise she was encouraged to reveal it during the walkabouts but chose
not to do so.  This could not be revealed to the electing Convention
because of patient confidentiality (HIPAA?)

There is recognition now that something needs to be tightened up, but
this is to do with national guidelines and procedures rather than
diocesan ones.

Roger