[Magdalen] A Note Re CofE and TEC History

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 1 09:43:40 UTC 2015

On 30/06/2015 23:24, Jim Guthrie wrote:
> From: Roger Stokes
>
>> I agree that Jon's post was informative and helpful.  One particular
>> difference is the matter of parish boundaries.  There is a website
>
> One of the concerns in some places in the U.S. is the notion of "How
> many Episcopal Churches do people drive by to get to **their** pariah."

I had heard about that.  Here in Bedford most of not all C/E parishes
have a proportion of their regular congregation who are "non-resident"
but come to that church either because of its tradition or because they
started when they lived in the parish and have moved out.  In the case
of the parish where I now live people commute in because it is the
church in the centre which is regarded as the civic church.

Roger