[Magdalen] A Note Re CofE and TEC History

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Wed Jul 1 21:30:15 UTC 2015

I've just left the parish that is a five-minute walk from my home to go back to the parish I attended when I lived in Kingston, a half-hour drive from here.  I left for two fundamental reasons: First, the local church is determined to stay comfortably where it has been, as the respectable social club (with nice services and a bit of uplift) of the 1950s, complete with annual tea and bazaar.  And two, the current rector and senior warden hate my guts, although only the warden would admit it.  There are some highly toxic patterns arising from the combination of insecurity and the need to control.  I've circled this particular spiritual black hole before, and I won't do it twice.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain