[Magdalen] A Note Re CofE and TEC History

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Jul 2 02:47:30 UTC 2015

In a message dated 7/1/2015 5:30:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lupa at kos.net writes:

First,  the local church is determined to stay comfortably where it has
been, as the  respectable social club (with nice services and a bit of uplift)
of the 1950s,  complete with annual tea and bazaar.  And  >>>>

On the occasions when I have done church at the Anglican Church of
Saint Peter, Portland Maine, this is the way it was there.  Missal  on
the altar, of course, and Missa Marialis for their Ordinary.  The  high
altar has riddle posts.  Yes it's not TEC.

What fun for me.  I'm sure if I lived in Portland, I'd be at Saint  Peter's
frequently, not because I agree with much of anything they stand for,
but because I'm such an old fart now, it is a trip back in time for  me.

PS  Portland, ME is a real gem, and blessed with a very mild  climate
despite being so far north thanks to the ocean proximately and the  Gulf
Stream.

David Strang.