[Magdalen] Should we support euthanasia for children

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 17:10:33 UTC 2015

IMO... at 24 Laura is not a child, despite having these 'desires' since she
was a child.
I do find this troublesome, and would hope that there are procedures in
place to take each situation and request as it comes, that some professional
level of scrutiny is applied. Wanting to die for many years could be caused
by depression, and I would hope that this has been explored in depth with
counseling and medication before the solution would become euthanasia.

It is troubling to me think that this law, or the statistics resulting from
partaking of this law for ending life uses the word 'child' in this article
below and I feel certain there must be many more parameters to be met before
this decision is made.  Again, the definition of child, in my mind, does not
include someone in their 20s.  I would venture the thought that anyone who
is not legally considered an adult is probably not being euthanized (hence,
children are not, but young adults might be).

I am sure there is much more to this law and these statistics than meet the
eye.

Lynn

what does (DV) mean, Martin?

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com