[Magdalen] A message from Bishop Provisional of TECSC

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 2 22:44:40 UTC 2015

On 02/07/2015 20:21, Eleanor Braun wrote:
> Did Andy explain why he abstained?  Let your yes be yes (and your no be no).

This is one of those cases where I can understand a bishop abstaining.
He will continue to need to minister to those on both sides of this
question - including a significant number of those opposed to this
development in TX.  Now he can honestly say to both sides that he did
not vote against their view but sat on the fence. That is often derided
as the coward's position whereas in reality it is a difficult and
dangerous place to me.  Sitting on a fence is uncomfortable, and if
those on either side are firing barbs at each other you are in a very
exposed position to attack from both sides.

Roger