[Magdalen] Baby Prayers

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 09:04:00 UTC 2015

I had this kind of experience with Evan, and if he'd been my first I think
I would have given up breastfeeding. He just wouldn't feed properly or put
on weight...

So we went out and bought a rather pricey electric breast pump and for
about 10 days I expressed and gave it to him in a bottle. He never looked
back, and after that we managed to get him back on the breast, which I'd
thought might be difficult but wasn't. During the bottle feeding period I
did let him keep nursing so he was able to improve his strategy.

The problem really was that he wasn't getting enough in which made him
agitated and therefore less able to get the technique right on his side.

With due respect to the nurse and others of her opinion, I think the idea
of "a bit of formula to get them started" is utter BS!! All it starts is
trouble!

Best wishes to Katelyn, may she go from strength to strength.

I do realise weight gain is important but surely not the only indicator
that a baby is doing well? If's she's now feeding and doing everything else
she's supposed to do, and the nappies look normal, I'm sure it won't be
long before the scales show progress too.

Sally D