[Magdalen] Here We Go Again.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 13:41:49 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 8:32 AM, ME Michaud <michaudme at gmail.com> wrote:
> One of our Canons suggested (circa 1983) that we start
> a group to preserve the 1979 prayer book.

I've often said I'd sign up as a charter member of the 1979 Prayer
Book Society, not as any sort of protest against a new book but in
appreciation of the 1979 one. IMO it's a triumph. I wonder whether a
new book will do something amazing like give us a great new psalter
translation that is taken up by other denominations as well (Anglican
Church of Canada, Scottish Episcopal Church, Presbyterian Church
(USA), an RC Benedictine monastery in Rhode Island (Portsmouth Abbey),
others I'm forgetting...

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA