[Magdalen] If's Started.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Jul 4 15:27:01 UTC 2015

In a message dated 7/4/2015 11:08:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

Her  point was that butter, also a
spreadable fat, provided a superior flavor,  and if what's in butter
has some unhealthy properties, the properties of  the chemical
concoctions in other spreadable fats were much worse.  >>>>>

Despite my mother's proclivity for margarine for cooking/baking,
we were a butter family.  It was always from the Wood River
Creamery located just out of the village half way to our summer
lake cabin.  They used to garner the state blue ribbon for their
butter, but this creamery has really gone big-time now with its
gourmet cheeses and wine tastings (!!).  Who'd
have predicted that for such an out-of-the-way location?

I don't even know whether they sell their own butter any more.

David Strang.