[Magdalen] SC approves removal of Confederate flag

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 21:41:05 UTC 2015

The New York Times  NYTimes.com »
Breaking News Alert  July 06, 2015

 BREAKING NEWS
South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag
Monday, July 6, 2015 4:25 PM EDT

The South Carolina Senate voted Monday to remove the Confederate battle flag
from the grounds of the State House. The bipartisan proposal, which emerged
after last month's massacre at a historic black church in Charleston, was
approved by a 37-to-3 vote in the Republican-controlled Senate.
The Senate has one remaining ratification vote, now virtually assured of
success.
The debate will shift to the House of Representatives, which Republicans
also dominate, where the timeline for - and tenor of - the debate remains
less clear. (link to full article not available.

 One step at a time!
Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck