[Magdalen] Ravages of Time.

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Mon Jul 6 21:45:48 UTC 2015

On 7/6/15 12:44 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> Incidentally the "warf" in warfarin = Coumadin is for Wisconsin
> Alumni Research Foundation.  They've made a lot of money on
> that drug.

I didn't know that!  I knew the word from the time that it was the main
ingredient in D-Con, before, as far as I know, it was ever used on
humans, and assumed that it came from "warfare", as in "War Against The
Rats" (and I did know what it _did_ to the rats, way back when).  So
when I first heard it in connection with medication, I had a sort of
black-humor snicker in my head.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net