[Magdalen] Grammar Nightmare.

thedonboyd at austin.rr.com thedonboyd at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 8 17:21:28 UTC 2015

Especially in that first-word-in-the-sentence position, "Whom" probably is almost if not entirely archaic; sorry, Dr Strang, but that change is too well established to be worth fighting or fussing over IMO.  "Whom" is not itself endangered, at least among educated speakers (among whom I am happy to be numbered).

DBoyd
(Professional grammarian/lexicographer long ago)