[Magdalen] What Each Myers-Briggs Type Does In A Rut (The Rise Of The Inferior Function) | Thought Catalog

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 04:36:19 UTC 2015

My J is low, but consistently there, so far.

I have been recently amazed with study of the Enneagram. I pooh-poohed
it for years, but was coaxed into filling a last-minute cancellation at
a conference a year or so ago, at which I was also the time-filler for
the speaker, since my office is the nearest rest spot to the conference
room.

While between sessions, she asked, "Where do you think you are on the
Enneagram?" "Well, I really don't know much about it, but the online
quizzes say 1, 4, or ?? (I don't recall, now), and...." I went on,
yada-yada-yada, how some areas applied and others didn't, etc., etc.
"Yes," she responded, "but, where do /you/ think you are?" "1." "I think
you're right."

Then, hearing other 1s speak about how they perceived and reacted to the
world (good and bad), all I could think was, "Yes! Yes! Yes!" It was
truly uncanny, hearing my thoughts come out of others' mouths.

Peace,
Jo