[Magdalen] What Each Myers-Briggs Type Does In A Rut (The Rise Of The Inferior Function) | Thought Catalog

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:23:44 UTC 2015

No Jon - I think we're talkiing about much the same thing. I'm a
Rorschacher and with that test the Introvert/Extravert scores are also
about how information is processed. I suppose both introverts and
extroverts engage with others, but to different extents and probably in
qualitatively different ways too.

But if you think about the modern workplace, it does tend to encourage and
even enforce the "talking with the others to problem solve" approach at the
expense of the "walk in the woods" approach.

>From a social/external POV, the group problem solver might look more of a
people person and the retreat-thinker less of a people person, which would
in many cases be a wrong conclusion. Keith for instance probably "likes"
people much more than I typically do!

But I've heard it said that "introverts" are in the minority in most groups
so they need all the support they can get.

Just a question of perspective.

Sally D