[Magdalen] Good Shepherd's first Sunday

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 21:27:17 UTC 2015

Ann,
1.  I agree.  The simplicity makes this space beautiful.  Much like St.
Raphael's.  The light gray wall color, darker gray carpeting, and the tweed
chairs leaves room for the seasonal colors when we have a permanent altar
and lectern/pulpit (I cannot say ambo...sorry).  The presence of God is a
palpable presence in this space...yea, even sharing the reredos wall with a
CPAs office.

2.  Charlie's shirt was a dark navy-purple.  I am very fond of both
vonRosenbergs.  He is working very hard.  I hope he will continue to be our
Provisional Bishop for a long time.

3.  Our chairs have baskets under them for hymnal and BCP.  There is no
kneeler.  We cannot kneel at the altar.  The platform is small and the
priests and Eucharistic ministers will administer the sacrament from the
floor from now on.  BTW, all 100 chairs were a gift from a member couple of
St. Paul's, Summerville (the break away church in Summerville).  They felt
a sense of call to give this gift....said they want to support us.  I'm
wondering if they will eventually join us.  God's time.

4.  Thanks!  I feel great.  Having some trouble with diabetic neuropathy in
feet, legs, and hands, but who could have imagined that bilateral
mastectomy could have been so easy.  Of course, I don't have to have any
follow up treatment and I'm not dealing with painful reconstruction.

5.  We did not plan this date to coincide with the Shepherd reading.  We
have planned that everywhere the Bishop's visitation is on Good Shepherd
Sunday, fourth Sunday of Easter.

Ginga