[Magdalen] I've asked it before, I'll ask it again.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 21 22:14:47 UTC 2015

Thanks to everyone for the Welcomes back.  Mom continues on continuing on, bingo-ing and email-ing like nothing was ever wrong.  Still falls every now and then, I'm led to believe, but still firmly in the assisted living portion of where she lives (which is nice, if you recall).  My brother and I are still on good terms, so I'm definitely in the loop communicationally.  Everett finished 11th grade with approx a C- average, which for all his effort counts for something.  We're all holding our breath for this coming year's second-year French, as last year it was his hardest class, but his teacher considered him her favorite student out of all six periods, so there was some pleasure amongst the pain.  But on the last day of school she announced that she was done and retired as of close of business, which means a newbie in a couple weeks.  With any luck, there'll be just as much pleasantness, or more.  The specialness about the retired lady is that she was literally the replacement for my French teacher at the same school three decades ago.  There was something really nice about such a sense of continuity.  Now, it's all new.

I, personally, am not doing so well at the present time emotionally speaking, which may bode ill for re-joining.  But we'll see.  My body also decided to pretty much go to hell the moment I turned 50 in June, so I really feel like I'm hobbling down the other side of that mountain of life.  Oh well.  It's time I finally feel as old as I look.