[Magdalen] Biopsy

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 13:49:49 UTC 2015

Christopher -

I hope for the best report.

I have some idea what you are going through with my recent
cystoscopy and urethroscopy to rule out bladder cancer.  It  isn't
a fun procedure.  At least I could see the examination results on  screen
for myself, and no biopsy was necessary.

Earlier the urologist had checked my prostate and found it "flat as a
pancake" and "unremarkable".

I am reminded of urology rounds with the crusty, old chief of service
at UW-Madison.  He allowed that an examiner's "first hundred  prostate
exams" provided little more information than "sticking the finger out  the
open window" which he did with dramatic timing through an open
hospital window back in the days when windows in hospitals actually
opened.  It takes a lot of practice to pick up lumps and bumps in  the
prostate.

David Strang - Fellow urologic sufferer.